If you are a believer (new or old), I would encourage you to dig into the devotional called "Experiencing God" by Henry & Richard Blackaby and Claude King.
This study guides you to experience God by teaching you how to:
- Hear when God is speaking to you
- Clearly identify His activity in your life
- Believe Him to be and do everything He has promised
- Adjust your beliefs, character, and behavior to Him and His ways
- Recognize a direction He is taking in your life and identify what He wants to do through your life
- Clearly know what you need to do in response to His activity in your life
- Experience God doing through you what only He can do
You will need to go through the entire study to really grasp how to experience God fully. But as given in the study, these are the 7 realities to experiencing God:
- God is always at work around you.
- God pursuers a continuing love relationship with you that is real and personal.
- God invites you to become involved with Him in His work.
- God speaks by Holy Spirit via Bible/prayer/circumstances/church to reveal Himself, His purposes, and His ways.
- God's invitation for you to work with Him always leads you to a crisis of belief that requires faith and action.
- You must make major adjustments in your life to join God in what He is doing.
- You come to know God by experience as you obey Him, and He accomplishes His work through you.