Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Prayer of Comfort (during times of fear)


GOD.

That’s who you are!

My creator

You are the one and only true God who has the power to do anything and everything.

My life is in your hands and you have a plan for me that I do not know or will ever know until it happens.

Help me to put my complete trust and faith in you to protect me and comfort me during this time of fear.

If it is in your plan for me to leave this Earth at this time and join you in Heaven, so let it be.

Even though I feel like I have so much more to offer this world and change other’s lives for your sake, only you know when it is my time to leave this fallen world and join you in the perfect Heaven above.

God, I know that no matter when, or where, or how I die, I will be in the most wonderful place of paradise that is unimaginable beyond compare to anything in this world, and I know I will be next to your side in Heaven.

I should not fear any death, for you, Jesus, died the most horrible death and I believe nothing else compares to the torture you went through to save us and forgive us from our sin. You were the most undeserving one for this kind of punishment. You were perfect. You were the Son of God. And you still chose to die that death for our sake

God, 
you are my sword, 
my protection, 
my comforter, 
my solid rock.

You are the only one that can truly protect me from evil and drive evil forces away.

No weapon, 
no man, 
no security guard, 
no police force, 
or no set of skills 
can protect me in the way that you can.

Yes, those things can help the process of safety and survival, but without you, I have nothing.

“And if our God is for us, then who could ever stop us? And if our God is with us, then who can stand against?”

Please protect and comfort me, oh God. My life is completely in your hands and I trust in you to fulfill your will and need for me on this earth. If my time is now, I am ready to be with you. If it is not, I pray that I be still and know that you are God and my heart will be comforted once more.

In Jesus’ name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment